Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Operations
Fast track entrance to the industry !
- Program: Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Operations
- Duration: 1.5 years (3 semesters)
- Taught semesters: 2
- Internships: 1
- Intakes: January, July
- Age: 17 years old minimum
- Qualification: High School Diploma or equivalent
- English level: TOEFL 500 or equivalent
- Total Credits: 42
- Accreditation: New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Recognition: Swiss Cantonal Authorities (Fribourg)
To have further details on the courses of this program, please see the Academic Programs.
As the starting block of the Glion curriculum, this program teaches students the basics of food, beverage and hotel operations as a fast-track to first employment in the hospitality industry. Professional skills are developed through a series of formative craft-based learning (CBL) activities supported by theoretical courses and an internship. Students are exposed to real-life environments with a progression from direct mentoring and guided lessons, to more self-managed learning approaches.
By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Apply and reflect on knowledge and skills acquired through academic, CBL and workplace learning activities
- Operate at supervisory level in operational departments within the hospitality industry
- Apply contemporary systems and theories relevant to administrative tasks in hotel departments
- Work with solid work ethics, good inter-personal communications, cultural awareness and teamwork
- Use tools for developing their career plans
The academic catalog provides full details on all curricula with course credits, full course description as well as the grading system, academic calendar with exact entry dates, and other important academic information.
Please click on the link to download the Academic Catalog
Please click on this link to see the Undergraduate Admissions Requirements.
Please note: Students who wish to progress from the Diploma onto the Bachelor Degree Program must achieve a grade average of 7.3.
Tuition and other Fees
Please click on the links below to have access to the tuition and fees of the hospitality programs as well as to see the terms and conditions :