Applying to Glion
How to Apply
Standard Application: Please make sure you include all of the items listed here. The Application Form should be filled out on your computer, saved and printed or emailed to Admissions. Make a copy of all documents for your own records and send the originals by registered mail to the address on the application form.
Email Application: Please make sure you include all of the items listed here. The Application Form should be filled out on your computer, saved and emailed to Admissions along with clear, scanned copies of all other items. Original educational transcripts (and translations) will be required and can be sent by registered mail to the Admissions address: Admissions@glion.edu. Keep all other original documents for your own records and send only scanned versions unless otherwise requested.
Only completed applications will be evaluated:
- GIHE Application form signed and dated
- Application fee of CHF. 100.-
- Passport(s) copy (If residing in Switzerland, include a copy of residential permit)
- 2 Passport Sized Photos
- CV or Resume: A detailed record of academic and/or professional background
- Study Plan: An essay of motivation describing why the candidate wishes to study in Glion. Average 250-1,000 words with signature and date.
- Post Study Plan: An essay explaining what the candidate wishes to do after graduation. This essay should include a statement that the candidate will leave Switzerland upon graduation. Average 250-1,000 words with signature and date.
- Academic Records:
- Transcripts: Showing all grades received and an explanation of the grading system in English or French. If you have taken SAT, ACT or AP Exams, please include the results.
- Copy of final Diploma or Degree.
- If you are coming from outside of the European Union please include a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor.If you have not completed your secondary studies, please send a copy of your results for the last three years.
- Official English Certificate: See Academic Requirements by Program.
- Medical Certificate and Physician’s Report (on the Application Form): The Physician’s report must be completed by a licensed physician with the official stamp. Please also include an official report for any medical conditions that require special attention (learning disabilities, dietary restrictions etc).
- Sponsorship Letter: A signed, dated letter from the person who will finance the studies guaranteeing his or her responsibility to cover the tuition fees and all other expenses.
- Bank Guarantee: For applicants coming from outside the European Union please submit a letter or statement from sponsor’s bank verifying sufficient funds to cover the fees and expenses.
Documents to dowload
- Application form
- Template for CV/Study Plan and Post Study Plan
- Sponsorship Letter Template
- Minor’s Form (Required for students under age 18)
- Health Insurance Exemption Form
- Admissions Checklist Undergraduate
- Admissions Checklist Graduate (PGD/MBA)
Glion Institute of Higher Education
118 Rue du Lac
Tel: +41 (0) 21 989 26 77
Fax: +41 (0) 21 989 26 78