A Hospitality Management Degree for Global Careers
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management prepares students to be managers and entrepreneurs in the global service industries. It is a business degree and a hotel management degree that combines hands-on hospitality training and internships with management courses.
In the final year, students can choose a specialization track to sharpen their business expertise in Luxury Brand Management, Real Estate Finance and Revenue Management, or Sales and Marketing.
What you’ll gain
Professional skills - You will learn to manage hospitality operations for hotels, restaurants and events through the hands-on courses and hotel management courses.
Real World Experience - Through the internships, you will have the chance to travel and gain one full year of professional experience in the international hospitality industry.
Soft Skills - You will develop skills that employers value including critical thinking, communication, creativity, innovation, problem solving, and collaboration.
Cultural Knowledge - Living and learning in a multicultural environment, you will develop an understanding of, and the skills to address, cultural, moral, ethical and environmental issues in international organizations.
Business Skills - Through applied business projects, specialization courses, and collaboration with the industry, you will learn to identify and solve business challenges in international organizations.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management
Duration: 3.5 years
Internships: 2 x 6 months
Location: Switzerland (Glion and Bulle) & London, UK
Intakes: January, April, July & October (from 2017)
For the bachelor degree in hospitality management, you can choose to:
- Study in Switzerland, for all specializations
- Study in London, for the BBA in Hospitality Management (no specialization)
- Do the Multicampus Program: Semester 1 in Switzerland, then internship, Semester 3 & 4 in London and back to Switzerland for the final year and specialization courses.
- Luxury Brand Management
- Real Estate Finance and Revenue Management
- Sales and Marketing
BBA in Hospitality Management Degree Curriculum
Based on the 50 hours a week of teaching and learning, a semester is run on two teaching blocks of 10 weeks. The 10 weeks blocks include 9 weeks of teaching and one week of examinations.
Semester 1 in Glion OR Semester 2 in London
- Practical Arts: Food and Beverage
- Communication in the Service Industry
- General Education Elective
- Practical Arts: Room Division
- General Education Elective
Semester 2 in Glion or Semester 3 in London
Block 3 and 4: Internship
- Practical Arts: In Practice Online Course
Semester 3 in Bulle or Semester 1 in London
- Rooms Division
- Intercultural Management
- Research Methods & Academic Writing
- The Hospitality Business
- Introduction to Accounting
- Food and Beverage
- General Education Elective
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Essentials
- Two General Education Electives
- Essentials of Destination Management
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- Foundations of Human Resource Management
Block 9 and 10: Internship
- Reflection of Practice Online Course
- International Business Law
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Management Finance
- Ethical Decision Making & CSR
- Change Management
- Global Economic Issues
- Capstone Proposal
- Capstone Project
- Research and Consultancy
- Environmental Management
- Project Management
- Innovation & New Product Development
- Three Specialization Courses (see the brochure or Academic Catalog for details)
Note : All students will do a 6-month internship during semester 2 (if starting studies in Switzerland) or semester 3 (if starting studies in London). These course titles are guidelines and subject to change at any time. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for the final list.
Choose your campus
Glion Institute of Higher Education has two campuses in Switzerland and one in London, UK. For some programs, you can transfer between the campuses to build your global business knowledge, experience a new environment and add an international value to your degree.
Switzerland is the birthplace of hospitality education and it attracts tourists from around the world for its internationally appealing qualities as a safe, beautiful, and well-organized country to visit. Our campuses are located in Glion and Bulle, in the French speaking regions between Lake Geneva and the capital, Bern. Studying in Switzerland will give you a chance to experience what Switzerland is most famous for.
- The Great Outdoors - As a major destination for outdoor sports tourism, Switzerland offers our students the chance to learn and practice snow sports, hiking, climbing, boating and many other sports in the mountains and lakes.
- The Heart of Europe – Nestled between France, Italy and Germany, Switzerland is an ideal starting place for travel to major European cities. By train, you can easily visit Milan, Paris, or Berlin on the weekend; while a short flight can take you to the UK, the sunny coasts of Spain, or Eastern Europe.
- The National Culture – Switzerland is always ranked among the best for its quality of life. It offers a peaceful international culture, efficient public transportation and reassuring level of safety. Plus, each region has its own dialects, architectural styles, specialty goods, and gourmet cuisine so students don’t have to go far to find something new.
To see it for yourself, we invite you to come visit Switzerland.
As a world capital of travel, tourism, and business, London is the perfect place to learn about hospitality and business trends, and develop a professional network in one of the world’s fastest-paced business scenes. Located on the grounds of the University of Roehampton, the Glion London campus offers a modern, yet intimate student life setting, and easy access to everything a student could want to experience in this huge metropolitan city.
- The London Lifestyle – Accessible by public transportation (approx. 45 minutes), London’s dynamic city center offers infinite attractions for students: iconic hotels and restaurants, bars and night clubs, shopping districts and markets, museums and cultural events, and the list goes on.
- A Big University Campus – Glion London students enjoy the facilities and services of the University of Roehampton, which includes 60 societies and sports clubs, a fitness center, and many cafes, restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and stores.
- The Glion Family – Amidst the bustle of a big UK campus, and the big-city life of London, Glion London offers a peaceful, close-knit community of students and faculty who are passionate about the same things. Industry experts also regularly visit the campus looking to recruit future talent and exchange ideas on upcoming industry trends.
Experience London first hand with a visit to Glion London campus, we invite you to come visit London!