Join The Only Swiss Hotel School in London
Glion Institute of Higher Education in London opens up extraordinary opportunities for those who aspire to become leaders in hospitality management. Situated in Downshire House– a seventeenth century mansion – Glion London campus offers a modern learning environment in historical buildings with state-of-the-art facilities include outstanding lecture rooms, study areas, social spaces and superb accommodation. Located just 40 minutes from London’s West End, the variety of artistic, cultural and entertainment choices available to students is beyond compare.
Why study hospitality in London?
London is an ideal place to study hospitality due to its thriving tourism industry and business culture that encourages innovation and start-ups. Located in a newly refurbished building on the grounds of the University of Roehampton, the Glion London campus offers a modern, yet cozy student life setting, and easy access to everything a student could want to experience in this big, metropolitan city.
An Entertainment Capital: London is one of the most entertaining cities on the planet with some 250 festivals & 17,000 music performances every year and 200 theatre shows offered every night.
The London Lifestyle: Accessible by public transportation (approx. 45 minutes), London’s dynamic city center offers infinite attractions for students: iconic hotels and restaurants, bars and night clubs, shopping districts and markets, museums and cultural events, and the list goes on.
A Big University Campus: Glion London students enjoy the facilities and services of the University of Roehampton, which includes 60 societies and sports clubs, a fitness center, and many cafes, restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and stores.
The Glion Family: Amidst the bustle of a large UK campus, and the big-city life of London, Glion London offers a peaceful, close-knit community of students and faculty who are passionate about the same things. Industry experts also regularly visit the campus looking to recruit future talent and exchange ideas on upcoming industry trends.
Student life at Glion London
Visit our blog and see what the Glion London student life looks like.
Discover the various activities and opportunities offered through the University of Roehampton, read about Glion London students internship stories, and find out what's going on on campus.
With many contributors (students, faculty, alumni...) fresh articles are posted weekly. So come back often for the latest Glion stories!
Glion London Campus Facilities
At Glion London, you will enjoy a dynamic UK university experience while you receive Glion’s renowned Swiss hospitality education. The campus is located on the grounds of the University of Roehampton, only 40 minutes by public transportation to the center of London.
- London hospitality & event culture: 74 five-star hotels, 54 Michelin-starred restaurants, 250 festivals and 17,000 music performances every year, plus 200 shows offered every night.
- Faculty, student services and single-room accommodation for Glion London students
- Access to the University of Roehampton: 10,000 students, 140 different nationalities, 60 societies and sports clubs
- Roehampton university campus is composed of 4 colleges (centers of social life and accommodation)
- Historical buildings, dating back to 1840
- Many food outlets including cafes, restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and stores
- Excellent IT infrastructure
- On Campus accommodation, single rooms with en suite bathrooms
- 24/7 Campus Security
- Library with over 350,000 print books
- Library is open 24 h/day during peak academic times
- Wi-Fi available throughout the majority of the campus
- Temporary employment service available