London Summer Academy Program
The Glion London Summer Academy offers a first-class introduction to the world of luxury hospitality. In this two-week summer program, you will:
- Gain insight into the global tourism industry and top-level careers in hospitality
- Learn skills in hospitality and event management
- Develop competencies in project management in a multicultural environment
Most importantly, you will have fun! Exploring London’s global tourism scene and making new friends from around the world is the perfect start for your future hospitality career. Click on the + sign below to read more about the admissions requirements and the program details. Or if you prefer a personal contact send an email to: Glion London Summer Academy
Courses & Details
- Hospitality industry learning classes and visits: 7.5 days of theoretical classes in Hospitality Management and 2 half-days of practical classes
- Extra-curricular activities: sports, games, workshops and free-time
- 7 Excursions: city visits like Brighton or Oxford, West End Show, movie night, Soho & China Town tour, casual dining, and a themed event
- End of studies celebration event: planning and preparation
Dates Time & Dates
Duration: 2 weeks
Start Dates: : July 18th to July 29th 2016 or August 1st to August 12th 2016
Students will be accommodated on campus at Glion London, located on the grounds of the University of Roehampton. Situated in South West London just 45 minutes from the West End, this campus offers a multicultural university environment set in 152 hectares of open green spaces and parkland with heritage listed buildings.
Costs: GBP 3200
The program includes:
- Accommodation located on campus at the University of Roehampton
- Full board (all meals) including meals during excursions
- Airport pick-up return journey from either Heathrow or Gatwick Airport
- All excursions, field trips, outdoor activities and cultural visits
- Travel card and London travel guide
- Program Certificate and Class Photo
- Gala Dinner
- Aged between 15-17 years
- English level: IELTS 4.5, TOEFL 50 (IBT) or equivalent
- Motivation letter
- Sponsor Letter
How to Apply
1. Download the Application Form for Glion London Summer Academy. Apply now to guarantee your place.
2. Prepare your application with the following documents:
- Fully completed application form for Glion London Summer Academy
- Copy of your English language certificate
- Motivation letter - Why do you want to join the Glion London Summer Academy?
- For minors (under 18 years old), your guardian must download the Consent Form and include it with your application
- Sponsor Letter
3. Send your application with all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org OR send your application by mail to: Glion Institute of Higher Education Admissions Department Whitelands Campus Holybourne Avenue London, SW15 4JD, United Kingdom For further information please contact email@example.com or call us at +44 20 8392 8178.
4. If you are a Non-European student, then Glion will provide an invitation letter to present to the UK border authorities upon arrival. Please bring this letter with you and proof of your return plane ticket.
5. If you are a citizen from one of the countries listed here, you are required to not only present the invitation letter but also apply for a Student Visitor Visa or Child Visa (depending on age) by clicking here - www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk completing the form, all necessary documents and presenting to local UK consulate.