Glion ranked in top five for world’s best hospitality management schools
Glion Institute of Higher Education is pleased to announce that it has been ranked number one worldwide for employer reputation in hospitality and leisure management, according to a recent poll by higher education data specialist company QS (Quacquarelli Symonds). Glion is also ranked number five overall, placing our school among the world’s finest institutions for hospitality and leisure management. According to the rankings, Glion scored a perfect 100 per cent for employer reputation, while also ranking high for academic reputation. It is the second time QS have published the stats, which rank the world’s top 50 universities specializing in hospitality studies. These results demonstrate the skills, confidence and abilities our graduates are able to bring to organizations, as well as the strong relationship we have with leading hospitality employers. It also bolsters Glion’s position as one of the world’s most highly-regarded and successful hospitality schools. We are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC), demonstrating the quality of our programs and teaching.
International education for a worldwide career
With 1,655 students from 96 countries, Glion’s students come from all over the world, creating a diverse, multicultural setting. 79 per cent of our faculty members hold Master’s degrees or PhDs, ensuring you receive high-quality teaching that will prepare you for employment. Over 150 top global businesses visit our campus each year, providing you with key insight and valuable networking opportunities Our Bachelor program sees you embark on two professional internships, honing your skills in real-life situations at some of the world’s finest hospitality organizations. All of this results in 89 per cent of our students having a job or multiple employment offers on Graduation Day. Your time with us won’t end at graduation – you will become part of an active alumni community of over 13,600 graduates, living and working in 150 countries.
We boast three campuses in two of hospitality’s brightest, busiest countries. Our Glion and Bulle campuses are both in Switzerland – the former is our flagship campus and practical learning center, where you will enjoy a stunning view of Lake Geneva. The latter is set between beautiful mountains and a city full of shops, bars and cafes. Our newest campus is in the thriving city of London, offering a modern learning environment in a historical seventeenth-century mansion. Located just over half an hour away from the West End, you will have a variety of artistic, cultural and entertainment options to choose from.
Stunning new restaurants
Our Glion campus now boasts two state-of-the-art restaurants. Le Bellevue combines gastronomic cuisine with a breathtaking mountain setting, while Fresh offers high-quality food for both healthy living and healthy eating. Both restaurants provide our students with the chance to gain hands-on skills under the supervision of award-winning chefs.
BBA International Hospitality Business
Our Bachelor’s degree will prepare you for a high-level career in the international hospitality and tourism industry, as well as related service sectors. You will gain first-hand experience from practical lessons and professional internships, as well as a vital blend of soft and hard skills. In your final semester, you can choose to specialize in either Luxury Brand Management in Hospitality, International Hotel Development and Finance, or International Event Management.
MSc International Hospitality Business
Whether you want to further your knowledge of hospitality, or are seeking a career change, our MSc program prepares you to become a leader in the world’s most prestigious hospitality chains. You can strengthen your skills in finance, marketing, human resources and revenue management, as well as gain valuable work experience through an internship. If you lack a foundation of hotel management skills, you can complete a four-week hospitality immersion program prior to starting the MSc.
Dual MBA and MSc
Our triple-accredited Dual MBA and MSc in International Hospitality Business is taught by the leading industry experts of Glion and Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM). This intensive practical program offers two degrees after only one year of studying and one year working in industry.
Summer camp experience
Enjoy a first-class introduction to the world of luxury hospitality, as well as a taste of our Bachelor’s program, with a choice of three holiday courses. You can spend a one-week course in London or Glion, respectively, or spend time in both for our two-week option. The Glion summer experience provides an intensive but exciting week of immersive workshops, programs and industry visits.
Why study hospitality management at Glion?
Where will Glion take you?
Glion will take you on a global journey. We provide cutting-edge education in hospitality management, where you can learn the skills the hospitality industry is looking for. Whether you want to set up a company, run a five-star hotel, lead a luxury brand or manage a resort, our programs will help you gain the expertise that today’s employers seek. With the Glion name on your CV, and the support and interest of fellow Glion alumni, your options will be endless.
Keys to success
- Practical arts learning: Our hands-on courses see you learn to provide impeccable service, while managing every department and function of a hospitality business.
- Industry exposure: Interactive learning with experienced faculty members, conferences, business projects, field trips and more all ensure you gain first-hand experience of the hospitality world.
- Internships: While studying your Bachelor’s degree, you will embark on two six-month internships, getting to build up your work experience with leading organizations in a variety of locations.
- Career support: Our dedicated team will give you the resources, techniques and tools to realize your professional objectives, from your first internship search to your dream job at graduation.
- Hospitality and tourism: Hospitality is one of the world’s fastest-growing industries, and will create over 80 million new jobs over the next ten years. For you, this means limitless career opportunities in a variety of departments, organizations and locations.
- Events and entertainment: This industry offers a dynamic, international work environment that changes with every new project. It is a fast-growing field where innovations in visitor experience and technology are appearing every year.
- Service industries: A hospitality background will enable you to branch out into the larger service industries. The skills you learn at Glion will prepare you for careers with a broad range of companies, from private banks to marketing firms.
- Luxury industry: The world of luxury continues to grow, offering lots of exciting career opportunities. You could work for some of the world’s most exclusive brands, from luxury consumer goods and fashion to private yachts and jet planes.
At Glion, we ensure you are prepared for leadership positions in the world’s top companies. Our Career and Internship team acts as personal career counselors and maintain high-quality industry relations, making sure you receive the very best career opportunities. They do this through intensive CV support and interview preparation, as well as maintaining an online database of internship, management training and employment offers. Leading industry organizations regularly visit our campus to network and recruit, including Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Hyatt, and Bloomberg. Additionally, our Career and Recruitment Days provide you with the chance to gain employment or an internship position with world-renowned companies.