This semester-long program has been designed to give students the opportunity to learn at the home of hospitality: Switzerland, or in London, the thriving metropolis for business and tourism.
Next intake: September 2020
Academic Semester in Glion
You can choose to complete BBA 3 or BBA 4 semester courses – for a total of 21 credits – from the second year classes listed below. Students also have the option to experience an internship.
BBA 3 – Hospitality Fundamentals
- Hospitality Marketing Essentials
- Hospitality Financial Accounting
- Professional Communication and Academic Writing
- People and Performance in the Workplace
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics in Hospitality Business
- IT Business Tools
- Language Elective
BBA 4 – Hospitality Management
- Sales and Digital Marketing in Hospitality
- Managerial Accounting
- Management of Rooms
- Economics for Hospitality and the Tourism Industry
- Hospitality and Events Operations
- Management of Food and Beverage
- Language Elective
- 21 credits in total par semester
- The semester includes 15 weeks of teaching and two weeks of final exams.
- Upon completion of the semester abroad, students will receive a course transcript listing the corresponding passed credits.
- Credit transfer to the student’s university is subject to evaluation by their current university.
Why Glion for a Semester Abroad Program?
One of the Best Business Hospitality Schools in the World
Glion is a leader in hospitality business education and prepares students for a career which can take them around the world.
Excellence in Switzerland Since 1962
For more than 55 years, the prestigious Glion Institute of Higher Education has set the standard of excellence in Swiss hospitality education.
Glion is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), which is an accrediting association of the United States evaluating universities such as Harvard, Yale and MIT.
QS World University Ranking 2019
Glion ranks among the world’s top 4 universities for hospitality and leisure management and is consistently in the top 2 worldwide for employer reputation.
Choose from Two Locations
For our semester abroad program, students can select their preferred location between two of our campuses to match their personal and professional goals. Students can choose between our Bulle campus in Switzerland, and our London campus in the United Kingdom.
Take the next step
Do you have a specific query you would like to ask us? Please fill in the contact form below and let us know the nature of your
enquiry, and a member of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.