A Hospitality Management Degree for Global Careers
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management prepares students to be managers and entrepreneurs in the global experience industries. It is both a hotel management degree and a business degree that combines hands-on hospitality training and internships with management courses.
In the final year, students can choose a specialization track to sharpen their business expertise in Luxury Brand Management, Event Management, Real Estate Finance and Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, or New Venture Creation.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management
Duration: 3.5 years
Internships: 2 x 6 months
Location: Switzerland (Glion and Bulle) & London, UK
Intakes: January, April, July & October
For the bachelor degree in hospitality management, you can choose to:
- Study in Switzerland, for all specializations
- Study in London, for the BBA in Hospitality Management (no specialization)
- Do the Multicampus Program: Semester 1 in Switzerland, then internship, Semester 3 & 4 in London and back to Switzerland for the final year and specialization courses.
- Luxury Brand Management
- Real Estate Finance and Revenue Management
- Sales and Marketing
- New Venture Creation
Based on the 50 hours a week of teaching and learning, a semester is run on two teaching blocks of 10 weeks. The 10 weeks blocks include 9 weeks of teaching and one week of examinations.
Block 1: Food & Beverage
- Applied Learning Food and Beverage Introduction
- Applied Learning Food and Beverage Advanced
- Communicating in the Service Industries level 1 or level 2 (required course based on student's level of English)* or Modern Language Elective**
Block 2: Rooms Division
- Applied Learning Housekeeping
- Applied Learning Front Office
- Communicating in the Service Industries level 2 (required if not taken in block 1) or Modern Language Elective**
Block 3 and 4: Internship
- Applied Learning in Practice Online Courses
Block 5: General Education
- Research Methods & Academic Writing*
- Sociology of Food or French Intermediate or Spanish Intermediate Elective*
- Environmental Management or Natural Science Elective*
Block 6: Business Performance
- Financial Accounting
- The Hospitality Business (including Tourism Aspects)
- Foundations of HR Management
Block 7: Management and Entrepreneurial
- Hospitality Operations Management (Food and Beverage, Rooms)
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Management Finance
Block 8: Research and Macro Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Economic Impacts on Global Issues or International Relations Elective*
- Statistics and Data Analysis*
Block 9 and 10: Internship
- Reflection of Practice Online Course
Block 11: People Management
- Intercultural Management*
- Consumer Behavior Typologies
- Thought Leadership
Block 12: Specialization
- Specialization Courses or General Education:
- Integrative Business Planning and Performance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Organizational Behavior
Block 13: Business Development
- Ethical Decision Making and Corporate Social Responsibility*
- Innovation and New Product Development
- Project Management
Block 14: Future Strategies
- Research and Consultancy*
- Change Management
- International Business Strategy
Honors Capstone Block:
- Dissertation Proposal
- Dissertation Project
**For students entering Glion with B2 level on the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages (5.5 or 6.0 on IELTS or equivalent).
Note : All students will do a 6-month internship during semester 2 (if starting studies in Switzerland) or semester 3 (if starting studies in London). These course titles are guidelines and subject to change at any time. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for the final list.
Choose your campus
Glion Institute of Higher Education has two campuses in Switzerland and one in London, UK. For some programs, you can transfer between the campuses to build your global business knowledge, experience a new environment and add an international value to your degree.
More than just a study abroad program, Glion’s multicampus programs will allow you to study in Switzerland and London in a seamless experience that will build your international experience and add value to your degree. Start in Switzerland, the leader of hotel management education, then head to London to study business in Europe’s capital of finance and tourism. Spend 4-6 weeks in Switzerland to attend the applied learning modules. Finish up on the Swiss Bulle campus for the six specialization options.
Switzerland is the birthplace of hospitality education and it attracts tourists from around the world for its internationally appealing qualities as a safe, beautiful, and well-organized country to visit. Our campuses are located in Glion and Bulle, in the French speaking regions between Lake Geneva and the capital, Bern. Studying in Switzerland will give you a chance to experience what Switzerland is most famous for.
- The Great Outdoors - As a major destination for outdoor sports tourism, Switzerland offers our students the chance to learn and practice snow sports, hiking, climbing, boating and many other sports in the mountains and lakes.
- The Heart of Europe – Nestled between France, Italy and Germany, Switzerland is an ideal starting place for travel to major European cities. By train, you can easily visit Milan, Paris, or Berlin on the weekend; while a short flight can take you to the UK, the sunny coasts of Spain, or Eastern Europe.
- The National Culture – Switzerland is always ranked among the best for its quality of life. It offers a peaceful international culture, efficient public transportation and reassuring level of safety. Plus, each region has its own dialects, architectural styles, specialty goods, and gourmet cuisine so students don’t have to go far to find something new.
To see it for yourself, we invite you to come visit Switzerland.
As a world capital of travel, tourism, and business, London is the perfect place to learn about hospitality and business trends, and develop a professional network in one of the world’s fastest-paced business scenes. Located on the grounds of the University of Roehampton, the Glion London campus offers a modern, yet intimate student life setting, and easy access to everything a student could want to experience in this huge metropolitan city.
- The London Lifestyle – Accessible by public transportation (approx. 45 minutes), London’s dynamic city center offers infinite attractions for students: iconic hotels and restaurants, bars and night clubs, shopping districts and markets, museums and cultural events, and the list goes on.
- A Big University Campus – Glion London students enjoy the facilities and services of the University of Roehampton, which includes 60 societies and sports clubs, a fitness center, and many cafes, restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and stores.
- The Glion Family – Amidst the bustle of a big UK campus, and the big-city life of London, Glion London offers a peaceful, close-knit community of students and faculty who are passionate about the same things. Industry experts also regularly visit the campus looking to recruit future talent and exchange ideas on upcoming industry trends.
Experience London first hand with a visit to Glion London campus, we invite you to come visit London!
What you’ll gain
You will learn to manage hospitality operations for hotels, restaurants and events through the hands-on courses and hotel management courses.
Real World Experience
Through the internships, you will have the chance to travel and gain one full year of professional experience in the international hospitality industry.
You will develop skills that employers value including critical thinking, communication, creativity, innovation, problem solving, and collaboration.
Living and learning in a multicultural environment, you will develop an understanding of, and the skills to address, cultural, moral, ethical and environmental issues in international organizations.
Through applied business projects, specialization courses, and collaboration with the industry, you will learn to identify and solve business challenges in international organizations.