GLION SUMMER EXPERIENCE 2019
The Glion Summer Experience is an ideal way to discover the realm of international hospitality and events management in a program that combines fun with learning. Participants are immersed in hospitality culture through field trips and lead a project producing one event.
Glion (July/August 2019*)
You will arrive in Switzerland, the birthplace of hospitality. Here you will learn hands-on hospitality skills in kitchen, service and rooms division, visit local attractions, and see first-hand how Swiss chocolate is made.
London (July/August 2019*)
Learn what it takes to manage an international business through workshops and field trips to world-famous hospitality companies, including a visit to a luxury establishment and a tour of a premier sports arena.
Combine Glion and London (July/August 2019*)
If you’re looking to immerse yourself in hospitality from two cultural perspectives, you can choose to complete both the week in Switzerland and the United Kingdom for a two-week course.
*The official program dates for 2019 will be released in September.
What you’ll experience
In both locations, you will learn from the best. You will participate in introductory lectures and workshops by Glion’s distinguished faculty, as well as visiting industry experts.
Learn Skills in:
- Restaurant concept and design
- Food preparation and planning
- Luxury hospitality
- Five-star customer service
Gain Knowledge in:
- The key facts, figures and trends of the global hospitality industry
- The key concepts of daily operations within the industry
- Memorable luxury experiences
- Global business practices
Acquire Competencies in:
- Working in a multicultural environment, meeting and working alongside students and teachers from across the globe
- Team work through group activities, projects and workshops
- Between 15 and 19 years old
- Must hold a valid passport. Nationals of any country can apply and follow the process for obtaining a visa for the United Kingdom and Switzerland if required
- If English is not your first language, or if you have not spent the last three years studying in a school where English is the primary language of instruction, please enclose a copy of one of the following:
- International English Language Test (IELTS) with a minimum of 4.5.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of 45.
- First Cambridge Exam Grade C.
- A letter of recommendation attesting to your level of English from a high school teacher or your Glion Education Counsellor will also be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your application
Complete and submit your Summer Experience application form as soon as possible. Due to a high demand for places, we strongly recommend that you apply as early as possible.
Click here to apply offline.
2. Provide proof of English
If you do not have an official English language proof and require one, a high school teacher or your Glion Educational Counsellor can attest to your English level.
3. Arrange health insurance coverage
Arrange health insurance coverage for your time in Switzerland and/or London.
4. Parent / legal guardian consent
If you are under 18, have your parent/legal guardian fill in and sign the parental consent and declaration form. Click here to download parental consent form.
5. Acceptance letter
Along with your acceptance letter, you will receive a welcome package and an invoice.
6. Arrange payment
Within 15 days after receipt of invoice and no later than 15th June 2018.
7. Arrival on Campus
To start your summer experience, we will greet you with a welcome booth at designated airport and provide you with transportation services.
Any student who enrols on a Glion undergraduate degree program after completing the Summer Experience will have the Summer Experience fees deducted from the first semester’s tuition fees.
See the program brochure for details about the Terms & Conditions.