GLION SUMMER EXPERIENCE 2018
Summer Experience Program
The Glion Summer Experience offers a first-class introduction to the world of luxury hospitality and a taste of our Bachelor’s program with a choice of three holiday courses.
London: one-week course
Learn what it takes to manage an international business through workshops and field trips to world-famous hospitality companies, including a visit to a luxury establishment and a tour of a premier sports arena.
Glion: one-week course
You will arrive in the birthplace of hospitality – Switzerland. Here you will learn hands-on hospitality skills in kitchen, service and rooms division, visit local attractions, and see first-hand how Swiss chocolate is made.
Combine London and Glion: two-week course
If you’re looking to immerse yourself in hospitality from two cultural perspectives, you can choose to complete both the week in Switzerland and the United Kingdom for a two-week course.
Glion, Switzerland: 22-29 July 2018
London, United Kingdom: 29 July – 4 August 2018
Glion and London: 22 July – 4 August 2018
What you’ll experience
In both locations, you will learn from the best. You will participate in introductory lectures and workshops by Glion’s distinguished faculty, as well as visiting industry experts.
Learn Skills in:
- Restaurant concept and design
- Food preparation and planning
- Luxury hospitality
- Five-star customer service
Gain Knowledge in:
- The key facts, figures and trends of the global hospitality industry
- The key concepts of daily operations within the industry
- Memorable luxury experiences
- Global business practices
Acquire Competencies in:
- Working in a multicultural environment, meeting and working alongside students and teachers from across the globe
- Team work through group activities, projects and workshops
Any student who enrols on a Glion or Les Roches undergraduate degree program after completing the Summer Experience will have the Summer Experience fees deducted from the first semester’s tuition fees.
See the program flyers for details about the Terms & Conditions.
SUMMER EXPERIENCE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Between 15 and 19 years old
- Must hold a valid passport. Nationals of any country can apply and follow the process for obtaining a visa for the United Kingdom and Switzerland if required
- If English is not your first language, or if you have not spent the last three years studying in a school where English is the primary language of instruction, please enclose a copy of one of the following: International English Language Test (IELTS) with a minimum of 4.5 / Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of 45 / First Cambridge Exam Grade C / A letter of recommendation from a high school teacher
HOW TO APPLY SUMMER EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
1. Submit your application
Complete and submit your Summer Experience application form as soon as possible. Due to a high demand for places, we strongly recommend that you apply as early as possible.
Apply online for Switzerland
Apply online for London
2. Proof of English
If you do not have one, your counsellor can attest to your English level
3. Complete your motivation letter
Why do you want to join the Summer Experience? A recommendation letter will also be acceptable
4. Parent / legal guardian consent
If you are under 18, have your parent/legal guardian fill in and sign the parental consent and declaration form available at the bottom of this page
5. Acceptance letter
Along with your acceptance letter, you will receive a welcome package and an invoice
6. Arrange payments
Within 15 days after receipt of invoice and no later than 15th June 2018
7. Arrival on Campus
The start of your summer experience. Here is what to expect:
On your arrival day we will greet you with a welcome booth at designated airport and provide you with transportation services