Student Visas

On this page you will find information and guidance on student visa requirements for our campuses in Switzerland and the UK.

Student Visa Information for Switzerland

Glion and Bulle campuses, Switzerland

You may require a student visa to enter Switzerland, so please verify the visa requirement for your nationality. Be sure to apply with plenty of time, as it may take 4-12 weeks to obtain your visa.

To apply for a visa, you will need your letter of acceptance and the receipt of your deposit payment. Students applying from certain countries are required by the Swiss authorities to make advance payment of tuition fees (one or two terms) in order for their visa to be processed.

Neither the school nor its representatives have any jurisdiction over decisions concerning visa applications.

All decisions are made by the relevant Swiss authorities.

Visit the official Swiss website for information about Visa requirements.

Swiss Visa application guide (pdf)  

For students coming to Switzerland after completing the 1st semester in London of the Four-year Bachelor in International Hospitality Business with immersive English language study

If you are joining our 1st semester with immersive language study in London prior to attending our Swiss campus,  you should apply for your student permit in your country of residence as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance. When applying, please include on the form that you wish to collect your entry visa at the Swiss Embassy in London.

Once the migration office in Switzerland has authorized your visa, you will be able to collect it from the Embassy. In order to collect it, you will need to bring a copy of your authorization letter (received from the migration office) and your passport (as well as an accompanying photocopy).

Please note that processing time is 24 hours (one working day). Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 09:30 am – 12:00 noon (except British and Swiss public holidays) without prior appointment.


Student Visa Information for UK

Glion London 

The requirement for you to obtain a UK study visa depends on your current circumstances and nationality. If you qualify under one of the following, you may not need a visa to study at Glion London:

  • UK national
  • Irish national
  • Individual who has existing permission to remain in the UK (such as certain dependant visa holders or permanent residents)
  • Individual who holds Pre-Settled or Settled Status

If you do not fall under the above list, you will most likely require a student visa.

Contact our London Visas team for more information.

T. +41 (0) 21 989 26 77
F. +41 (0) 21 989 26 78