Your future in hospitality and beyond
Hospitality is more than an industry. It is a state of mind. A commitment to service excellence, embellished by the personal qualities of empathy, cultural fluency, resilience and professional polish which are so highly valued within every customer facing sector.
As a Glion graduate, you will go out into the professional world having developed these qualities and, more importantly, practiced them in real-life settings. It will make you exceptionally employable – with 98% of our job-seeking students having at least one employment offer upon graduation.
And it gives you outstanding career versatility: 52% of our alumni go into tourism, hospitality and F&B (food and beverage), while 48% move into a wide spectrum of other sectors including FMCG (fast moving consumer goods), luxury goods and services, aviation, marketing, events, banking and finance.
Graduate employment rate
of graduates become managers in less than five years
International industry partners
International industry partners
number of recruitment visits to our campuses each year
Hospitality industry career examples
- Hotels and resorts
- Restaurants and bars
- Night clubs and casinos
- Tourism management
- Cruise ships
- Sharing economy companies
- Online travel agencies
Careers beyond hospitality
Events and entertainment:
- International sports events
- Music festivals
- Corporate events
- Fashion shows
- Entertainment venues
- Private events
- Virtual and streaming events
Financial services and real estate:
- Financial investment
- Private banking
- Real estate management
- Hotel development
- Luxury hotels and resorts
- Fine dining, food and wine
- Personal luxury goods
- Luxury retail
- Yachts, private jets, automobiles
Be wise, specialize
At Glion our programs offer applied, business-focused academic content. The added dimension for your future career is professional specialization. Whether you are studying at undergraduate or graduate level, it will take your learning beyond the generalist and into the specialist, adding significantly to your employer appeal.
Our industry-leading Bachelor’s degree offers a choice of three final semester specializations. Each delivers intensive, career-focused learning centered on dynamic and fast-growing areas of the industry. Your final semester specialization, alongside your professional internships, can often become the guide and inspiration – as well as the platform – for your future career.
Your specialization options are:
- Luxury Brand Strategy – focuses on delivering exceptional personal service and how to create unforgettable experiences
- International Event Management – learn how to manage international events, from music festivals to industry conferences
- International Hotel Development and Finance – acquire the skills to analyze critical success factors in asset management, for both hotel and resort development projects
At graduate level, you can choose from a portfolio of four distinctive Master’s programs, built around specialist business disciplines. Adding a Master’s to your CV will help to distinguish you in a competitive employment market. With a year’s intensive study plus a professional internship, you’ll add strength and depth to your subject matter knowledge while building your industry network.
Your Master’s options are:
· Master’s in International Hospitality Business
· Master’s in Luxury Management and Guest Experience
· Master’s in Real Estate, Finance and Hotel Development
· Master’s in Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Innovation