Luxury Hospitality Summer Program
A bespoke, 18-and-over summer experience
At Glion, we’ve been teaching the art of luxury hospitality since 1962. Now we’ve gathered all those years of hospitality know-how into a summer program designed specifically for 18 to 26 year-olds. Across one exciting and immersive week, you will enjoy the perfect introduction to this exciting, fastgrowing and professionally-rewarding industry.
Program Highlights at a Glance
During this one-week program, you will be able to join academic masterclasses in service excellence and operations, as well as practical workshops in gastronomy, fine wines and cocktail mixology. You will gain valuable insights into the trends that matter in the luxury and hospitality industries, while enjoying the exclusive visits to numerous luxury establishments.
Discover the Exciting World of Luxury Hospitality
In order to use your time in the best way, you’ll be provided with a full timetable of classes, workshops, visits and industry-focused leisure activities when you arrive. Below is an example of the typical schedule that you can get upon arrival.
Glion Campus: An Icon of Hospitality Excellence
Formerly the location of an elegant Grand Hotel, Glion campus is today an acknowledged international focal point of hospitality and business education. You will be able to enjoy its stunning views of Montreux, Lake Geneva and the Swiss Alps.
2020 Dates: 19-26 July 2020
- Students must be over the age of 18, and under the age of 26 years old at the start of the program.
- Must hold a valid passport. Nationals of any country can apply and follow the process for obtaining a visa for the United Kingdom and Switzerland if required
- If English is not your first language, or if you have not spent the last two years studying in a school where English is the primary language of instruction, please enclose a copy of one of the following:
- International English Language Test (IELTS) with a minimum of 4.5.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of 450.
- First Cambridge Exam Grade C.
- A letter of recommendation attesting to your level of English from a high school teacher or your Glion Education Counsellor will also be accepted.
How to apply
1. Submit your application
Complete and submit your Summer Experience application form as soon as possible. Due to a high demand for places, we strongly recommend that you apply as early as possible.
To apply now, click here.
2. Provide proof of English
If you do not have an official English language proof and require one, a high school teacher or your Glion Educational Counsellor can attest to your English level.
3. Arrange health insurance coverage
Arrange health insurance coverage for your time in Switzerland and/or London.
4. Acceptance letter
Along with your acceptance letter, you will receive a welcome package and an invoice.
5. Arrange payment
Within 15 days after receipt of invoice and no later than 15 June 2020.
6. Arrival on Campus
To start your summer experience, we will greet you with a welcome booth at designated airport and provide you with transportation services.
Any student who enrols on a Glion undergraduate degree program after completing the Summer Experience will have the Summer Experience fees deducted from the first semester’s tuition fees.
See the program brochure for details about the Terms & Conditions.
Take the next step
Do you have a specific query you would like to ask us? Please fill in the contact form below and let us know the nature of your
enquiry, and a member of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.