Master’s in International Hospitality Business
Start a high-flying global career with our Master’s in Hospitality
Our MSc in International Hospitality Business will prepare you to lead a high-flying career in the world’s most prestigious international hospitality chains. Offered in Switzerland and London, this program will give you the skills for managing people, operations and business in hotels and hospitality companies. The higher-level management courses in hospitality include finance, marketing, human resources, and revenue management, taught by our industry-experienced faculty members who bring their expertise and best-practice examples to the classroom. The program ends with an internship, providing you with hands-on experience and a chance to practice your new skills in a real work environment.
If you lack a foundation of hotel management skills, you can complete a four-week Hospitality Immersion Program* on the Glion campus in Switzerland.
* The Hospitality Immersion Program is four weeks long, optional, and provided at additional cost. Delivered before the start of the other master’s courses, it contains Practical Arts courses in kitchen, restaurant, pastry, oenology, hospitality economics, and hospitality accounting.
Next intake: February 2019
What will you gain from the Master’s in Hospitality?
Five-Star Hospitality Management Training
If you lack a background or experience in hospitality, the Hospitality Immersion Program can teach you the professional standards of hospitality service and how to supervise operations with leading culinary and hospitality professionals. This four-week optional program covers industry standards and management responsibilities in fine-dining service and culinary arts, guest relations and housekeeping.
Business Management Skills
In the classroom, you will learn to manage key departments and functions in a hospitality business and master the tools of the trade in simulated hotel development and revenue management projects with the guidance of experienced faculty members who share their insights and tips from the industry.
Real World Experience
For selected projects, you will conduct research and analyze data, prepare presentations and receive feedback from faculty and industry experts.
On field trips, you will put your knowledge to the test in real international hospitality businesses.
For the Capstone Project, you will work on developing your critical thinking, research and writing skills to produce high-quality professional work and complete a project that you can proudly mention in your portfolio and CV.
Key facts: Master’s in International Hospitality Business
2 academic semesters
February and September intakes
Is this Master’s degree right for you?
This program is designed for recent graduates or career changers who hold a Bachelor’s degree—preferably in hospitality, tourism or event management, business, or an equivalent qualification—and limited or no work experience.
What will you study on this Master’s degree in hospitality?
• Hospitality Immersion Program (Optional)
• Managing Hospitality and Luxury Operations
• International Hospitality and Service Marketing
• Managerial Accounting and Financial Analysis
• Revenue Management and Digital Distribution Strategy
• Leadership and Intercultural Management
• Business field trip to a European City
• Hospitality Business Strategies and Innovation
• International Talent Management
• Hospitality Corporate Finance
• Business Research Methods
• Project Management Methods
• Advanced Revenue and Demand Management
• Digital Transformation and Data Analytics
• 6-month Internship
• Capstone Project
Take the next step
Do you have a specific query you would like to ask us? Please fill in the contact form below and let us know the nature of your
enquiry, and a member of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.